Friday, May 18, 2012

Secrets of Braiding

One look that has been back and keeps on growing is braiding. This look I love and always love to do when I am wanting to change up my hair style. There are so many different ways of braiding and how to wear them. 



One of my favorite ways is to braid my bangs back when my hair is day old from washing. Braiding can be a little tricky at first, but it is true that practice makes perfect. Keep on practicing and it will become easier. Braids I feel are a pretty, earthy, casual style to have. Some secrets to braiding on their look is if you want a looser or the look of a thicker braid just pull it gently. What I mean by this is once you have your braid pull gently with fingers on both side of braid pulling at the same time on each loop. Pull as much as you want, this will give you the appearance of a thicker and bigger braid.

Another trick I do for whether your braiding your bangs back or all of your hair over whatever kind of braid you have I do this. Once your done braiding and you don't want your braid to fall out just tease it a bit. Take your comb and at the end of your braid push the hair up to the end of the braid, do this a couple of times. I guarantee that it will stay in if you tease it enough. I always do this and I don't have to worry about bobby pins or hair ties. If your braiding all of your hair over tease it then you can put a cut hair accessory at the end of it. Or sometimes what I do is I tease to hold the braid then tie it or pin it where I want to it to go then I will comb out the teasing. It's something that makes your life a little easier when doing your hair.

Have fun with the creative world of braiding, and be adventurous with different styles. 

2 comments:

lindsey marie said...

Love this. Braids are a life saver.. especially in the summer when you are suffering with pool hair!

PS - I commented you back.. but just in case you didn't see it I would love to get together and work on our portfolios together! Do you do make up too? This will be a blast :]

Candace Marie said...

Ya I do make up too, but I would probably have them bring their own foundation. I don't have all the foundations to match to peoples skin. But I could do their eyes and such. I'm so excited! Sorry I keep messaging you all over the place. Your blog and mine and Facebook...haha