Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gettin' Dirty

When you have day old hair and don't know what to do with it, and you get frustrated. Don't worry I am about to give you some hair do's that work the best with dirty hair. 


First thing first, when you take your shower for the day just rinse your hair with water. Doing this will help with oiliness. Even though it does not take out the oils it's rinsing some of them out and also helps with product you had in your hair the day before. While rinsing act as though your rinsing out conditioner. Let the water just run through your hair, and then gently scrub a little by your hair line and hair part. These places are the places normally get the most oily.

Second, I like to put in a volume curl mouse. That way it will help my hair with it's style for the day. Then blow dry your hair. Now there are a number of options to choose from on how you can wear your hair, but I will give you some easy ones at first.

Wavy hair is easy to have with day old hair, and your still able to have it down. Your hair will hold the wave better than if you did it when it's clean. This is one style that I always do for my second day hair. It's fun and flirty. My last hair tip will tell you exactly how to achieve wavy hair.

The braid is always a fun one to do and there are so many ways of doing braids. A simple one is to take your hair over to the side as a pony and braid it instead. Or if you want your hair down for the day braid your bangs back.

Rock your natural texture. Most people have their own natural wave or curl to their hair. If you have one go for it. 
The biggest trend right now is to be natural looking. If you put mouse in your hair and just take your fingers and scrunch your hair lightly you can bring out your natural hair texture. Also with your going to do this let your hair mostly air dry. Then before it's all the way dry if you want you can take a diffuser it to dry it all the way. Now I know that my own hair on the top sometimes doesn't like to be as wavy as the rest of my hair. If you experience this what I do is take a curling iron the same size of curl that my natural is, and lightly curl big sections on the top. Then separate the curl always. Sometimes when we have our natural curl come out it can look frizzy. Use a little serum to help with this. I recommend the Argan 6 oil by Redken. You can find out more about this products under March's Products Tag on the right side of my blog.

Go experience some fun new ways to wear your hair. Also if you haven't followed my blog yet just read under the About Me section and it will tell you how. Then you can comment to me to let me know how things work for you.

1 comment:

Gerri Goralski said...

Love this blog. Thanks for all the info!