Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blue Eyed Bombshells

Here's a make up tip for you gals with blue eyes. What works well with blue eyes and helps bring the color out in them. When it comes to the best eye shadow color to wear it's brown. When you go with warm tones with blue eyes it really lets your eyes stand out in their own beauty.

There are several different shades of brown you can play around with. I have blue eyes myself, and what I normally do when applying my eye shadow is I use three different colors.

I first start with a highlighter which is a white or light cream color sometimes that has a shimmer to it. I apply this with a brush right underneath the arch of my eye brow. Whenever your applying any kind of eye shadow make sure you tap your brush after you have got the color on your brush. This way you not putting to much on, it's always easy applying more than taking it all off. 

Now the second color is your base color for me is normally another cream color that has more of a softer look to it. Or you can use a light brown too. When applying the second color you're going to be applying it to the lid of your eye. Do this in little circle motions instead of one swipe.

Then your third color is your accent color which is your darker color. When applying this only apply it in the cease of your eye lid. The cease is the space between your eye and your brow bone. Your brush strokes will swipe into this cease making a half of a half circle. You don't want the darker color on your inside lid. One rule with colors on eye shadow is lighter on the inside of your lid then gradually darker as you come to the outside.


If you take your finger and put it along side of your nose and then without picking up your finger pivot it towards your eye. Stop when the tip of your finger comes to the outer edge of your eye, this is your imaginary line when applying eye shadow. You don't want your eye shadow to come outside of the line. Then you will be going back into the 80's.

You will learn as you do it more and more. Brown is not the only color you can wear it's always fun to have a day of experimenting. Brown tones are just whats going to help really bring out the blue. I personally love to wear violet tones as well. I hope this helps all of you with blue eyes, and even you that don't. I will post more of what colors look best for what eye colors.

3 comments:

Amy K said...

What about Hazel eye - brown/green?

Candace Marie said...

Plum colors look good with Hazel eyes. Also with you try a green eye shadow, like a forest green. That is really pretty and it will help bring them out :)

Amy K said...

Guess I need to go shopping - I don't have either of those colors :P