Friday, June 29, 2012

Twisted Around

Different hairstyles are so fun to do. Especially for a little change when your tired of the same style you always wear. I know that I am always talking about change, but that's because it is so good for people to feel more alive! It makes you happier with yourself when you know that your not stuck in your "always" look. A fun thing to try for any girl is curly hair.


Take a day where you have time after your shower to mess around with your hair. Mess around with any natural curl you have or just by curling it yourself. Curly hair in every kind of way can be fun a cute on any length. You just need to know how to control your curls once your finished.


Now sometimes whether your using your natural curl or curled it yourself we get those frizzies or fly aways. There's a way to control them that I love to do, and this way will also give your curls more definition and shine. What I like to do is to take a little bit of an serum like Redken's Argan Oil or Pureology's Shine Max with a little of Pureology's Texture Twist and "cocktail" them together. I only use a drop of serum and a the size of your pinky nail for the twist. This is a hairstylist secret that we do to your hair, we "cocktail" products to get what we want. So with the oil/serum gives you shine and also helps with fly aways, but works best with Texture Twist. The Twist helps define those curls, and once you get a little of each product mix them together in your hands. I rub the product into my hands always so I don't get to much product in one place. It helps it go on where you want it.

Go try some "cocktailing" but be careful sometimes it always doesn't work with some products. Normally if the products are in the same family they will always work better. This cocktail is a simple one and I recommend to try this one and leave the others to your stylist. You can book an appointment with me for a style and I can do some on you and curls that will give you a fun look for the day. Try something new.

No comments: